Electro-Harmonix FLATIRON Fuzz Pedal
The Flatiron Fuzz is a classic op-amp powered fuzz/distortion. With its late ‘70s style circuit and symmetrical hard clipping, it’s EHX’s take on the RAT2™ pedal, only we think it’s better.
The Flatiron Fuzz is extremely versatile. At lower drive settings it remains fairly clean and adds a pleasing mild distortion. As the drive is turned up it transports you to a world of arena rock and produces spectacular, thick, meaty tones.
The stellar sound of the Flatiron Fuzz is a result of its classic, late ‘70s style circuitry and the fact that it delivers symmetrical hard clipping. As a point of reference, you might refer to the old Rat pedal, but we think you’ll prefer the Flatiron.
The Flatiron Fuzz features three controls: Volume, Drive and Filter. Volume sets the output level while Drive adjusts the amount of sustain and distortion. The unique Filter control is actually a low pass filter with a movable cut-off frequency. This is especially cool because it lets you dial in just the right amount of high-end... from dark to raunchy.
Electro-Harmonix trivia: The Flatiron Fuzz is named after the historic Flatiron Building in New York City. It’s an iconic landmark located just down the block from EHX headquarters in the 1970s and it’s the building pictured on the pedal.
- Classic op-amp powered fuzz/distortion
- Delivers symmetrical hard clipping
- As you turn down your guitar volume, it cleans up, but not all the way
- Unique Filter control
- Compact, pedalboard friendly design
- Features True Bypass for maximum signal path integrity in bypass mode
- 9-Volt battery included, also accepts optional EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply
- Current Draw: 5mA @ 9VDC
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75(w) x 4.5(l) x 2(h)
- Dimensions in mm: 70(w) x 115(l) x 51(h)