Introducing the All-New Taylor Koa 700 Series
Select-grade Hawaiian koa, ultra-thin matte finish and a vibrant voicing reveal an enticing new look, feel and sound for koa
|TAYLOR 722ce KOA|
|TAYLOR 724ce KOA|
- Body / Top Wood: Solid Select-Grade Koa
- Neck: Neo-Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard: West African Ebony
- Nut Width: 1-¾”
- Scale Length: 25-½” (724ce), 24-7/8” (722ce)
- Electronics: ES2
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Case
Timeless koa appeal – reimagined with a vibrant new voice.
- With the new, all-solid-koa 700 Series, Taylor master designer Andy Powers has embraced Hawaiian koa’s natural beauty and sonic virtues in a fresh way that brings a distinctive musical personality to the Taylor line.
- Compared to the established Koa Series, which showcases an ultra-refined look and sound, featuring figured koa, rich appointments, gloss finish and a smooth voice, the koa 700 Series channels more of koa’s natural character in look, feel and sound.
Unique Design Features
- Select-grade koa: Boasts rich color variegation and straight grain structure
Ultra-thin matte finish:
- Feel: The thin open-pore finish creates a warm and inviting tactile sensation; you can feel the natural wood texture, creating a more intimate connection to the guitar
- Sound: Together with slightly altered back bracing, the voicing is different from our Koa Series: a livelier, punchier, more direct response, making it exceptionally player-reflective
- Fretboard/Peghead Inlay: New “Fountain” design in mother-of-pearl
- Body Edge Treatment: Indian rosewood binding (including soundhole)
- Rosette: Single ring, paua and rosewood
- Tuners: Taylor polished bronze
- Other Unique Features: Maple/black/rosewood top edge trim, dark-stained maple pickguard